Gift of Giving $500 Scholarship
Application Due on May 18, 2020
Gift of Giving will be awarding two $500 Scholarships to Avondale High School and/or Avondale Academy seniors pursuing a university, community college, or trade school degree. Please read the scholarship application eligibility criteria carefully and fill out the form to complete application process.
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
• Have a minimum 2.0 at ASD or Oakland Schools Technology Center OSTC.
• Provide 2 letters of recommendation from ASD staff. OSTC students have the option of submitting one letter of recommendation from OSTC staff and one letter of recommendation from ASD staff.
• Proof that you have applied to a university, community college, or trade school.
• Write an essay about some of the barriers you have had this year, how they have impacted you and/or your family, and how you overcame them or plan to overcome them.
• Provide a copy of your ASD transcript or OSTC academic history.
Additional Attachments to Application (not required):
• Upload any awards or certificates you have earned. This information could help the scholarship committee make their decision.
Applicants may be required to interview with the selection committee during the week of May 18th. You will be contacted to set up an interview. If contacted, you must interview in order to receive the scholarship.
All applicants will be notified of status by May 25th. Scholarship is contingent upon receiving an acceptance letter into the college, community college, or trade school.